[U-Boot] CONFIG_MODEM_SUPPORT / CONFIG_HWFLOW still in use?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 5 20:31:55 CET 2016

Dear David,

In message <56B48085.2050500 at elsoft.ch> you wrote:

> While trying to convert the serial_s3c24x0.c driver to DM, I noticed
> that no offical U-Boot configuration seems to be using the
> CONFIG_MODEM_SUPPORT or CONFIG_HWFLOW option.
>
> Do you know if these two options are still in use somewhere else? Or can
> all the references to these options be removed irrevocably?

IIRC the modem support was added more than a decade ago for a specific
board which has been removed from the tree long ago.  I cannot
remember that any other user has questions or problems with that code,
so probably nobody else ever used it.

I think chances are good that you can remove this stuff and nobody
would ever notice ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I am a computer. I am dumber than any human and smarter than any  ad-
ministrator.