[U-Boot] u-boot legacy/FIT/FIT+signature compatability

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Mon Feb 8 16:46:06 CET 2016

so I'm tracing through stuff on an am3517-evm board, and finding that with
a FIT image file that works without signature checking compiled in, when
I turn on sig checking, if it doesn't find a signature I just get a data
abort, *and* the resulting u-boot doesn't recognize old 'legacy' boot
images anymore either.

I get the point that if you have signatures on, you may not want to hand
over keys to decrypt secure filesystems if you try to boot an unsigned
image, but I think the fallbacks and backwards compatability could be
developed a little better, especially since why now that I have CONFIG_FIT
I now can't seem to load a legacy image.

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer at hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash