[U-Boot] i.MX286 U-Boot fails with code HTLLCL0x8050100b

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Thu Feb 11 06:34:47 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a previously known working branch of U-Boot that I
built some time back which forks from revision
e89d623f099c44b0b166ccf46bce2e6a0b99c984.

I previously built this before, the binaries and source for which are
here: http://bne.vrt.com.au/technologicsys/

There you'll find the notes on exactly how I built it too.

Since I did development there, I've done a number of system updates on
my workstation, and so I suspect one of them has broken something, as
when I try to build that U-Boot branch and `dd` the resulting
`u-boot.sd` (according to the documentation in doc/README.mxs), I now
get the following error code displayed:

HTLLCL0x8050100b

The documentation I found here http://www.denx-cs.de/?q=blogm28mxssb
seemed to suggest the following meaning:

.--------------- Valid SB
|.-------------- SB tag
||.------------- u-boot-spl.bin loaded
|||.------------ IVT loaded
HTLLCL0x8050100b
      '--------'
        CRC Error

I'm guessing "IVT" here means interrupt vector table, and that the lack
of a second 'L' suggests it was loading of this interrupt vector table
that failed due to a CRC error.

I've tried building u-boot with a number of different toolchains:
- binutils-2.25.1, gcc-4.7.3, glibc, EABI, built using Gentoo crossdev
- arm-none-eabi toolchain, self-built using sources from
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
- Linaro arm EABI toolchain from
http://releases.linaro.org/14.11/components/toolchain/binaries/arm-linux-gnueabi/

None of these seem to generate a successfully booting binary, which is
perplexing to say the least.  Is there somewhere else I should be
looking for the cause of the above issue?

Regards,
--
     _ ___             Stuart Longland - Systems Engineer
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619