[U-Boot] Problem with attaching UBI partition

Jagan Teki jteki at openedev.com
Mon Feb 29 07:47:54 CET 2016

Hi Denis,

On 24 February 2016 at 14:29, Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)
<denis.bakhvalov at nokia.com> wrote:
> Hello Heiko,
>
>> Which U-Boot version? Which board?
>
> This is U-Boot v2016.03-rc1.
> I have custom board with socfpga Arria5 onboard.
>
>> Where does this leading 0xff come from? There seems a problem
>> with your spi nor flash driver?
>
> Yes, you're right. I have problems with the driver.
> As I mentioned in previous mail when I read the contents from the flash some data is corrupted.
>
> How to find out if the problem is because U-Boot has no support for my flash (Spansion S25FL512S NOR flash with SPI) or I have not proper configured SPI in U-Boot?

Did you enable CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_SPANSION on your config, becuase
S25FL512S is already been added u-boot. Pls- check the same and let me
know if you find any issues while detecting the flash.

Whether the driver detecting flash or not with RDID, please define
DEBUG on drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash.c

thanks!
--
Jagan.