[U-Boot] [mips][cfi] Unable to write into flash under qemu

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 02:08:20 CEST 2016

Hello,

I am using malta board within qemu. I tried recent releases and master of
both.
Two years ago in qemu-1.5 and qemu-1.6 I could use erase and cp.b in order
to erase and write to the flash.
Now when I try to erase flash I get an error suggesting the erase failed,
however, I do see 0xff all over in the device backed file (-pflash).
When I try to write I also receive a failure message.

I am unsure how to debug this, I went back in time and tried the qemu-1.6
and got same error. I suspect it is has something to do with u-boot CFI
driver.

Can anyone help determine if issue is at qemu side or at u-boot side? How
can I debug this?

Thanks,
Alon