[U-Boot] Logging SPL output with test/py

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Jul 6 00:25:03 CEST 2016

Hi Stephen,

On 5 July 2016 at 16:09, Stephen Warren <swarren at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 09:40 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
>>
>> Hi Stephen,
>>
>> On 3 July 2016 at 22:14, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Stephen,
>>>
>>> I'd like to get access to SPL output from a test. It seems that only
>>> the output from U-Boot proper is logged, although I cannot see why.
>>>
>>> For background, I have a new sandbox_spl target which includes SPL
>>> code. I will likely merge it into the normal sandbox target...
>>>
>>> It is definitely running SPL because I see the SPL console output when
>>> I use the -s flag to test.py. But it does not appear in test-log.html.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any ideas...
>>

>> It turns it it was logged, but the ANSI characters were messing up the
>> html due to a bug in sandbox SPL. Nothing to do with the test/py
>> stuff, but confusing!
>

> Odd. test/py should escape (i.e. convert to a hex representation) any
> non-printable (or perhaps just < 32) character code. That should have left
> the HTML log readable. I guess that didn't work for some reason. Is it easy
> to reproduce? It might be worth fixing.

OK, well a quick way might be to add 'colour = "red";' before the 'if'
in sandbox_serial_ofdata_to_platdata(). It causes tests to fail, but
the output will show the ANSI characters. I think it is doing what you
say, since the escape shows up as %1b. I suppose that supporting ANSI
colour codes would be too much of a pain?

Regards,
Simon