[U-Boot] where *precisely* is u-boot's environment stored?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 6 13:21:13 CEST 2016

Dear Robert,

In message <alpine.LFD.2.20.1607060625500.18179 at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

>   not to be overly pedantic (too late!), but is there a preferred
> expression for the environment stored at CONFIG_ENV_ADDR? is it
> "permanent environment" or "saved environment" or what?

I tend to call it the "persistent copy" of the environment (resp.
copies in case of redundant environment), in contrast to the in memory
copy of it.  Upon start, the memory copy gets initialized from the
persistent one, unless this turns out to be corrupt (or uninitialized,
the effect is the same), in which case the builtin default environment
is used to initialize the in memory copy.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Sex is like air.  It's only a big deal if you can't get any.