[U-Boot] Running u-boot on a x86 board

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sun Jul 17 09:26:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 16 July 2016 at 23:59, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn at gmail.com> wrote:
> +Simon, ML,
>
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Nicolae Rosia <nicolae.rosia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to run u-boot instead of grub on an Advantech UNO-2473G
>> board with a Intel ATOM CPU 3845.
>> Is it possible with the current u-boot to be loaded by UEFI and u-boot
>> to load the Linux Kernel from a SATA harddrive?
>
> Please try CONFIG_EFI_STUB.
>
>> What kind of customization I would need to make?
>>
>> Any pointers are very much appreciated!

README.efi has the details.

The stub can be 32-bit or 64-bit (CONFIG_EFI_STUB_64BIT), allowing it
to run from either variant of UEFI. U-Boot itself only supports 32-bit
mode at present, so in either case the CPU will change to 32-bit mode
in the stub.

See x86-fit-boot.txt for how to use the standard FIT. I've just sent
three patches which update the documentation a bit also, since some
features are not mentioned.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/649221/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/649222/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/649223/