[U-Boot] [v2 1/1] wandboard: fix dtb file names.

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jul 20 16:52:58 CEST 2016

Hi Adam,

On 19/07/2016 19:51, Adam Duskett wrote:
>> From: festevam at gmail.com
>> Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:46:38 -0300
>> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] [v2 1/1] wandboard: fix dtb file names.
>> To: AdamDuskett at outlook.com
>> CC: u-boot at lists.denx.de; sbabic at denx.de

>> > If it is left as is, then the previous version of the patch needs to be
>> > applied
>> > because the new dtb file names in kernel 4.1.15 are different.
>>
>> Then please change the name of the 4.1.15 vendor kernel dts to match
>> the one from mainline.
>
> I did, and as per the commit message; Wolfgang Denk suggested making it
> into a
> logic based function?  What would you like me to do?  I can just
> resubmit the old patch
> which changed the vendor names, or would you like me to follow
> Wolfgang's directions?

There is something wrong in the approach. Please think that this is the
"default" environment fopr the wandboard, and this does not mean that
you have *always* to use the same environment. It is not thinkable that
anytime the kernel name (or something like this) is changed, u-boot
*code* must be changed.

More in the case of "community" boards like a wandboard, it must be
ensured that everybody can still work with it, without breaking for
small things as the DT's name the behaviour.

wandboar uses distro environment: why do not put a "boot.scr" in your
/boot directory on SD, as wandboard boots only from SD, and you
overwrite all values you want ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de