[U-Boot] fatwrite issue in sub-directories

Nicolas le bayon nlebayon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:21:00 CEST 2016

Hi all,

With a quite old u-boot release (October 2015 more or less), I has some
different issues around fatwrite operations. I realigned a few things
around FAT with latest release, and now I observe only one issue. Maybe
this has been discussed here before, I searched but no success.

I'd like to save a file on an external device (sd card or usb stick), but
not on the root, in a sub-directory. I made the implementation with EXT4
and it works fine. But no way (for the moment) with FAT.

Here is the behaviour, let's imagine the device contains only a "mydir"
directory.
> fatls <device>
    mydir/
> fatls <device>
    mydir/
    myfile.txt
> fatls <device>
     mydir/
     myfile.txt
     mydir/myfile2.txt
In fact, data is stored in a file strangely named with a '/' character.

And when I put the device back on my Linux PC, I can see myfile.txt,
nothing special in mydir directory, and no "mydir/myfile2.txt" file.

Does someone have already observed this?

Best Regards
Nicolas