[U-Boot] what does "CONFIG_U_QE" represent powerpc quicc engine?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jul 24 13:16:12 CEST 2016

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   working with MPC83xx at the moment, i'm used to seeing "CONFIG_QE"
> all over the place, but what means "CONFIG_U_QE"? it seems like some
> sort of freescale special feature, but i can't figure it out.

  just to follow up my earlier question, i can see this in
drivers/Makefile:

  obj-$(CONFIG_QE) += qe/
  obj-$(CONFIG_U_QE) += qe/

and, further, i can see this in drivers/qe/Makefile:

  obj-$(CONFIG_QE) += qe.o uccf.o uec.o uec_phy.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_U_QE) += qe.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT) += fdt.o

so, clearly, setting CONFIG_U_QE represents *not* compiling in a
number of files, but i'm still unclear on the fundamental, underlying
difference in architecture or design between QE and U_QE.

  oh, and i also notice that while fdt.c is selected, the entire
contents of that source file are wrapped in:

  #include <common.h>
  #include <libfdt.h>
  #include <fdt_support.h>
  #include <fsl_qe.h>

  #ifdef CONFIG_QE

  ... massive snip ...

  #endif

so, obviously(?), device trees are not relevant for whatever U_QE
represents?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca