[U-Boot] loading u-boot env from flash (eMMC 1) and not eMMC0 on am335x_evm

Shmuel Weiss sweiss at kramerel.com
Tue Jul 26 21:39:19 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I had to made a change into this file common/env_mmc.c in order to be able to Load u-boot env from the MMC1 in SPL.

I had to change all occurrence of dev = 0 to dev = 1 inside this file, is it sound right ?
Is the code not adapted to have this part configurable ? I have feeling that I am doing something wrong.
Our board is a derivation of the am335x EVM SK of TI.
One of the changes is the fact we have a FLASH and a SD-Card slot connected (like in the BBB). So we want to save uboot env into a sector of the FLASH and having u-boot loading them at boot time.
Things are working for us with the patch below:

<sweiss at ubuntu-obelix dir="u-boot"/>$ grep -n CONFIG_SPL -A2  common/env_mmc.c
78:#ifdef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
79-  dev = 1;
80-#endif
--
113:#ifdef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
114- dev = 1;
115-#endif
--
197:#ifdef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
198- dev = 1;

I have added also these lines into include/configs/am335x_evm.h

#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC

#ifdef CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC
#define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC
#define CONFIG_SPL_ENV_SUPPORT
#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_DEV      1
#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_ENV_PART     0
#define CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET     (256 << 10)
#endif

What I am missing here ?

Thanks