[U-Boot] NXP QorIQ LS1021A-IoT board support

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Fri Jul 29 15:47:17 CEST 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Tapani <tapani at technexion.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 17:50:56 +0000
> york sun <york.sun at nxp.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/28/2016 10:42 AM, Tim Harvey wrote:
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > I don't see U-Boot support for the TechNexion designed/built
>> > LS1021A-IoT. I've got one on my desk and am still muddling through the
>> > overly-complicated NXP BSP and I haven't found where they are building
>> > U-Boot from yet or with what patchset.
>> >
>> > Is this board supported by perhaps a config I'm not seeing in U-Boot master?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >

>> Tim,
>>
>> I don't see other LS1021A boards in U-Boot, other than LS1021AQDS and
>> LS1021ATWR. I don't think NXP can support third-party boards. Did you
>> get any software from the vendor?
>>
>> York
>
> York,
>
> The LS1021A-IOT-GW is an NXP board.
> It is designed by NXP and support is NXP responsibility.
>
> regards,
>
> //Tapani

Tapani,

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad your logo is all over the
(beautiful) enclosure because NXP's support for this board is horrid
(no board support in mainline uboot or kernel, BSP distributed as a
rar of two segmented ISO's with a really messy and confusing file
structure, tarballs of private repos of clones of ancient versions of
uboot and linux with patches on top). You do have the board on your
website but as you mentioned there is no support detail there.

Tim