[U-Boot] s5pv210 smdkv210

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Mon Jun 20 15:22:44 CEST 2016

Hi Andrew,

> Hi Lukasz,
>
> I hope you may be able to offer me some advice.
>
> I have a small project to update a tbs2900, tbs moi. which is a DVB-S2
> network/iptv device.
>
> The device is based on smdkv210, with the s5pv210 soc. I understand
> that in terms of the kernel this is well supported. However, no
> support appears to have been successfully up-streamed.

The S5PV210 CPU is supported in u-boot with GONI target board.

However, it seems that smdkv210 is not (there are smdkv310_defconfig
and smdkc100_defconfig)

> Can you shed any further light on u-boot status for this board?

If I might ask, what is the exact problem?

If you wish to run your board with newest u-boot, I can recommend
adding it to u-boot with using goni target as an example.

> Perhaps if you are familiar, you may also recognise this source here:
> https://code.google.com/archive/p/x210ii/source/default/source
>
> The device as per OEM, boots with:
>
> ---
> -Boot 1.3.4 (Mar  7 2013 - 16:38:41) for MOI2900
>

> CPU:  S5PV210 at 1000MHz(OK)
>         APLL = 1000MHz, HclkMsys = 200MHz, PclkMsys = 100MHz
>         MPLL = 667MHz, EPLL = 80MHz
>                        HclkDsys = 166MHz, PclkDsys = 83MHz
>                        HclkPsys = 133MHz, PclkPsys = 66MHz
>                        SCLKA2M  = 200MHz
> Serial = CLKUART
> Board:   MOI2900
> I2C:   i2c1_init GPD1CON
> ready
> DRAM:    512 MB
> Flash:   8 MB
> SD/MMC:  3781MB
> NAND:    256 MB
>
> bdinfo
> arch_number = 0x00000998
> env_t       = 0x00000000
> boot_params = 0x30000100
> DRAM bank   = 0x00000000
> -> start    = 0x30000000
> -> size     = 0x10000000
> DRAM bank   = 0x00000001
> -> start    = 0x40000000
> -> size     = 0x10000000
> ethaddr     = 00:22:DE:AD:BE:EF
> ip_addr     = 192.168.0.20
> baudrate    = 115200 bps
> ---
>
> I believe 1.3.4 dates back to 2008,

It is _very_ old indeed.

> I think it was patched heavily
> from up-stream before making any s5pv210 specific work - so I don't
> know how representative the version number is.
>
> Again, if you do know anything that could help me - please let me
> know.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Andy.

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group