[U-Boot] [arm] Where to put files for armv8 ThunderX

Aaron Williams Aaron.Williams at caviumnetworks.com
Tue Jun 21 00:15:25 CEST 2016

I have just been handed the task of cleaning up our U-Boot port to our
ThunderX armv8 chip and am wondering where I should put the files
specific to our chip.

The people who previously worked on the chip created a subdirectory
under u-boot and have things scattered about.

Should I create a subdirectory under arch/arm/cpu/armv8 like
arch/arm/cpu/armv8/mach-thunderx or should I create a mach-thunderx
directory directly under the cpu directory?

I'm assuming include files should go under
arch/arm/include/asm/arch-thunderx.

I very much want to get this stuff pushed upstream so I don't run into
the situation we've been stuck with our Octeon MIPS processors. My
biggest problem is that a lot of code doesn't work.

I'm still trying to get up to speed with the armv8 U-Boot.

-Aaron

--
Aaron Williams
Software Engineer