[U-Boot] Problem with attaching UBI partition

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Mar 1 08:23:49 CET 2016

On 01.03.2016 07:53, Chin Liang See wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-02-29 at 23:55 +0100, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> On 02/24/2016 09:59 AM, Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
>>> Hello Heiko,

>>> This is U-Boot v2016.03-rc1. I have custom board with socfpga
>>> Arria5
>>> onboard.

>>> Yes, you're right. I have problems with the driver. As I mentioned
>>> in
>>> previous mail when I read the contents from the flash some data is
>>> corrupted.
>>>
>>> How to find out if the problem is because U-Boot has no support for
>>> my flash (Spansion S25FL512S NOR flash with SPI) or I have not
>>> proper
>>> configured SPI in U-Boot?
>>
>> I believe there is a problem with caches , which we still didn't
>> identify. CCing Dinh and Chin, as they were the last ones looking
>> into this problem.
>>
>> For now, try doing "dcache off" before using the QSPI NOR.
>>

> We managed to get it work for socfpga. One of the issue dragged me long
> is the CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_USE_4K_SECTORS. Need to ensure its not defined
> in the defconfig. Hope it helps

This is not clear to me. You mean you were able to reproduce and
solve this cache (S-bit) related issue by disabling
CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_USE_4K_SECTORS? This option is disabled for all
SoCFPGA board in mainline.

Could you please explain in more details what exactly you did to
solve this issue on SPI NOR?

Thanks,
Stefan