[U-Boot] Problem with attaching UBI partition

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Mar 3 12:51:16 CET 2016

Hi Chin Liang,

On 02.03.2016 13:24, Chin Liang See wrote:

>>> Nope, I am not replicating the issue. My board is having Micron
>>> instead
>>> of Spansion flash. In previously, CONFIG_SPI_FLASH_USE_4K_SECTORS
>>> is
>>> defined in socfpga as most serial NOR flash are supporting 4k sub
>>> sector. With that, it would be good to ensure the 4K is undefined.
>>>
>>> In this case, wonder any details on the failure? Intermittent?
>>
>> I think we are talking about different things here. I'm referring
>> to Marek mentioning the cache problem (S-bit related) on current
>> SoCFPGA U-Boot mainline. With caches enabled you can experience
>> problems on QSPI and on USB (reported from Marek - I didn't test
>> USB yet).
>>

> For QSPI, wonder the issue is on the read or write?

I'm not 100% sure here if this never happens on read. But it definitely
happens on write. saveeenv to SPI NOR causes serious problems here
for example.

>> So do you have any updated on this cache / S-bit problem?
>
> I am still debugging this as I notice the hub is not able to detect the
> mass storage. This is only for certain pen drive.
>
>> Or can you
>> use QSPI NOR without any issues on current mainline U-Boot with
>> caches enabled on your platforms?
>>

> The issue I have is on USB only. For NOR, I can ubifsmount and
> ubifsload with Micron NOR flash without issue. This is with dcache
> enabled

Strange. I have Micron here on the SR1500 as well:

=> sf probe
SF: Detected N25Q128 with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 16 MiB

Thanks,
Stefan