[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.03 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Mar 14 16:25:45 CET 2016

Hey all,

So we've come to the first release in our two month rather than three
month release cycle.  I think things are going well so far, at least in
part since it feels easier to say "it's too late in the release now,
I'll pick this up soon" for things that I hoped to get in, but weren't
quite ready when I hoped.

Lots of things continue to make good progress, all around.  More aarch64
support? Yes.  More x86 support? Yes.  More ARM support? Yes.  More MIPS
support? Yes.  More driver model?  Yes.  More test infrastructure? Yes.
More little fixes and tweaks here and there and everywhere? Yes.

One thing I do want to call out for say distributions that might not
have spotted it already is the change that went in and is discussed
here:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2016-February/244174.html

In sum, if you had a board that required the device tree for U-Boot,
things most of the time will require less special casing and if you
really need to modify the DTB outside of U-Boot you can still do that
too.

Thanks all, and the merge window is open again.  Next release is
scheduled for May 9th.

--
Tom