[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.05 is released

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue May 17 09:34:20 CEST 2016

Hello Tom,

Am 16.05.2016 um 20:51 schrieb Tom Rini:
> Hey all,
>
> Due to some odds and ends, I ended up taking in some code a bit close to
> the original release date, so I ended up just pushing things out a week.
> I think moving forward, I really should say that in public, sorry.  But
> things are live on git and FTP and Amazon Cloud Drive now.
>
> So, v2016.05 has been released, and there's a few things worth pointing
> out here.  First of all, U-Boot can now run EFI applications on ARM and
> ARMv8.  The main use case here has been GRUB and that works.  This is
> enabled by default on ARM and ARMv8 and a few platforms have turned it
> off due to not being useful for their needs or space savings.
>
> Next, we continue to make good progress on device model work and to me
> one of the exciting parts is that we brought in the ground work this
> release for FIT images from SPL and we've got a bunch of patches queued
> up for the next release to make use of it.  The end result here is that
> we're now able to keep having one binary that runs on many platforms,
> when we can tell what the platforms are at run time, but that need
> different DTs to run correctly.
>
> I don't like to single out specific boards that we've added support for
> in these emails but looking over the log a lot of things have come in or
> gotten big updates including a number of popular / prominent boards.
> I'll let the respective custodians and authors showcase that themselves.
>
> Finally, we're making more progress on the testing front.  The
> test/py/test.py infrastructure is getting more use and robustness and
> there's also tbot, see tools/tbot/README for more details there.

As you talk about tbot, here current test results with 2016.05:

powerpc mpc5200 based tqm5200 board:
http://xeidos.ddns.net/tests/test_db_auslesen.php#24

at91 boards (incl. test/py/test.py results):
(here all my current patches in my Patchwork ToDo list + DM patches
  from Simon, plus my DM preparation patches for this boards, not yet
  posted, are also applied  on Top of current master, so, commit id,
  is somewhat different)
http://xeidos.ddns.net/tests/test_db_auslesen.php#25
http://xeidos.ddns.net/tests/test_db_auslesen.php#26
http://xeidos.ddns.net/tests/test_db_auslesen.php#27