[U-Boot] Building u-boot.imx and SPL simultaneously

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Sat Sep 3 22:27:01 CEST 2016

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
> On 03/09/2016 01:15, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
>> You are saying that in order to cover my use case(s) I need two
>> defconfigs. Well, ok...
>> But how do I integrate this into Buildroot? For the sake of
>> maintainability, simplification, reducing chance for an error during
>> build I want to have one Buildroot defconfig, run one build command and
>> get all the necessary images.
>> How do I do that with two U-boot defconfigs?
>
> I am noit a Buildroot expert, someone else can better point you in the
> right direction. I will expect that you need a second target. If I had
> to do thuis in Yoct, I will tend to add a new recipe to build .imx variant.

On OpenEmbedded-based systems, as is the case of Yocto Project, we
introduced the UBOOT_CONFIG mechanism for this. So for example in:

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/master/conf/machine/imx6slevk.conf#L15

The UBOOT_CONFIG is changed, in local.conf for a machine, to:

UBOOT_CONFIG = "spinor sd"

Both as build.