[U-Boot] UBI and UBIFS on ARM64

Oleksy, Adam (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) adam.oleksy at nokia.com
Tue Sep 6 12:05:29 CEST 2016

Dear U-Boot community,
I'm developing software for Xilinx ZynqMP platform, which is made in 64-bit architecture. I would like to store every artifact needed to boot up on the UBIFS partition. I faced problem, that u-boot does not want to compile with enabled UBI/UBIFS support, due to lack of some atomic operations on longs. So, I've written them (see http://pastebin.com/ibp0Zt99). Please note, that I've written only that functions, which are needed by UBI/UBIFS. Then UBIFS started work on the target. Almost... because I've found that large files (~20MiB) can't be read. I've enabled debug messages, but I don't know how to interpret them (please see http://pastebin.com/gByDcdvw). Maybe you are able to help me?
I've also checked how the UBIFS behaves in the Linux, and the result is that everything works as expected. It means that I can write large files to UBIFS, and read them back successfully.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

 Best Regards,
 Adam Oleksy

 Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o.