[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.09 is released

Daniel Schwierzeck daniel.schwierzeck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 23:32:07 CEST 2016

Hi Tom,

Am 12.09.2016 um 18:21 schrieb Tom Rini:

> Another thing I'd like to call out, and ask for a little help with too
> is automated testing.  The framework in test/py/test.py can be used on
> real hardware and Stephen Warren has been doing a good job having things
> run on Tegra boards.  You can see his scripts here[1].  I've setup
> locally some of my boards (some TI, RPi3, A20-OLinuXino-Lime2) and I'm
> looking at adding more still, so long as I can update U-Boot in a way
> that does not involve the console.  You can see my scripts here[2] and
> I'm cleaning things up and pushing them back up to Stephen.  But there's
> always more to do and test.  Is anyone else out there running this on
> real hardware, or would like to set this up?  Has anyone out there
> gotten this hooked up with qemu?

I have scripts for running tests on MIPS Malta in Qemu [1]. Currently
the only non-working tests are test_sleep and test_net_tftpboot on Malta
64Bit.

I think it's possible to create a generic ConsoleQemu class but I hadn't
time yet to try this.

[1] https://github.com/danielschwierzeck/u-boot-test-hooks

--
- Daniel