[U-Boot] Curses from u-boot

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:25:16 CEST 2016

Hi everybody, I was wondering what would be the difficult to run some
curses based menu from u-boot.

I've been search for curses porting and found this:
http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/ncurses/hackguide.html. The big
problem here is that u-boot is not a operating system.

The motivation is simple. Would be nice to have boot options presented
to user as a curses menu, like grub does, wouldn't?

The easy work arround I found here is booting to some initrd with
curses installed. Then use the user input to configure u-boots
enviroment so that the next reboot takes that configuration in
account. What you think? I'm not using anything like this right know
but I would like to do it in future...

Regards,

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"