[U-Boot] U-Boot DFU test and Ctrl+C

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Tue Sep 27 18:42:03 CEST 2016

On 09/27/2016 09:46 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> As I use the DFU tests more and more, I keep hitting what I'm pretty
> sure is a false failure in the tests.  Sometimes the tests fail at:
>>       u_boot_console.wait_for('Ctrl+C to exit ...')
>
> and the last bit of the console log is:
> Starting download: [#################################################################] finished!
> unable to read DFU status
> #File System is consistent
> file found, deleting
> update journal finished
> File System is consistent
> update journal finished
> 65 bytes written in 12380 ms (0 Bytes/s)
> =>
>
> So perhaps we should make the test look for the prompt itself rather
> than 'Ctrl+C' ?  Thanks!

FWIW, I haven't seen this issue at all.

This looks like a bug in the DFU code to me; from the log you gave it
seems like the dfu shell command is exiting back to the shell prompt all
by itself. It shouldn't do that, but should rather wait for the user to
press Ctrl-C. The only exception would be that the host tool has some
options to trigger a "reset" on the target. The test/py code shouldn't
be using that option though, and IIRC U-Boot attempts a CPU/board reset
shell prompt.