[U-Boot] [RFC] Rearrange CONFIG_* macros

york sun york.sun at nxp.com
Tue Sep 27 19:39:55 CEST 2016

Guys,

I want to discuss to rearrange the current CONFIG_* macros used by
Freescale Layerscape SoCs. We have been encouraged to use CONFIG_SYS_*
macros to define hardware setting, and other CONFIG_* macros for user
setting. Clearly this has changed. Kconfig options are used for most
user settings from now on. I am OK with it. But for existing
CONFIG_SYS_* macros, we need a plan to either move them out of CONFIG_*
name space, or move some to Kconfig, if that makes sense. Since most our
CONFIG_SYS_* macros are cross platforms (including armv7 and armv8), if
using Kconfig option, do we add another mach-fsl folder to host the
Kconfig, or somewhere else? We also have macros cross ARM and PowerPC.
So we either move them out of arch/, or duplicate them for both arch.

If we move them to another name space, for example SYS_FSL_*, do we want
to move them out of config.h?

Any suggestion/comment?

York