[U-Boot] i.MX6: NAND boot with SPL

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Sep 28 16:51:39 CEST 2016

Hi Jagan,

On 28/09/2016 16:40, Jagan Teki wrote:

>> I do not understand: do you copy SPL into the NAND ?
>
> I booted through MMC first since it's only possible way to boot. And
> my plan is to write nand with MMC boot.

mmhh...I understand what is happening. You boot from MMC, and reading
the src registers, this is the boot device. NAND is not selected, then.

I would say this is a strange configuration: you boot from MMC (and
then, SPL and u-boot.img are on the MMC), or you boot from NAND, and bot
SPL + u-boot.img are on NAND. In the last case, you have to write SPL
according to the manual.

> I find it it is taking boot image from MMC even if I set the NAND
> bootmode with MMC card pluged in. Anyway I cleared with this.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de