[U-Boot] imx7 u-boot nand update from u-boot

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:23:33 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how it is possible easily update u-boot in
> nand on custom imx7 board. I can start u-boot using imx_usb tool. I
> came from ti am33xx world where I simply get u-boot.img from tftp
> server and store it to beginning of flash (after SPL offset).
>
> According imx7 datasheet for nand boot it is necessary to store FCB +
> DBBT and other things. It is currently possible only with userspace
> tool kobs-ng which can save u-boot to nand memory. It is possible to
> generate such image (with FCB, ...) to be able to update u-boot from
> u-boot by tftp and some nand write? Or it is enough to just write
> u-boot.imx to offset 0x400 when u-boot was writen before by kobs-ng
> and it will work? Many thanks for replies.

Try this patch[1] for nand bootupdate look fine for me.

U-Boot> tftp ${loadaddr} SPL
U-Boot> nand bootupdate ${loadaddr} ${filesize}

U-Boot> nand erase 0x200000 0x100000
U-Boot> tftp ${loadaddr} u-boot.img
U-Boot> nand write ${loadaddr} 0x200000 ${filesize}

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/637573/

thanks!
--
Jagan Teki