[U-Boot] Booting Wandboard through USB

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 12:22:16 UTC 2017

Hi Vincent,

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Vincent Prince
<vincent.prince.fr at gmail.com> wrote:
> following:
> - https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2015-May/215573.html
> - https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2015-June/215606.html
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to know if something is going on regarding this topic ?
>
> I managed to flash a yocto BSP with SPL with USB+serial with Fabio help,
> but I found it a bit painful, and hard to automate.
>
> - Go into serial console to reboot, interrupt uboot, and type bmode usb.
> - Quit serial console
> - Launch imx_usb_loader,
> - Send u-boot.bin with ymodem (teraterm on windows, kermit on linux)
> - Mount Usb OTG (ums 1 mmc 0)
> - Flash wic.gz image
> - Reset u-boot.
>
> What is a bit annoying is the use of ymodem to load u-boot.bin.
> Anybody has a cleaner solution ?

Stefan has sent a patch series that seems to really help on loading
SPL + u-boot.img via USB:

https://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg259052.html

I haven't had a chance to test it yet as I am currently out of office
without hardware access.

Please give it a try and provide your feedback.