[U-Boot] ACPI tables for Edison: advice needed

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:12:03 UTC 2017

Hi!

I have a preliminary working ACPI tables for Intel Edison (to replace
ugly SFI provided by firmware).
What I would like to ask is how better from your point of view to proceed.

I have apparently not all devices covered in the tables, though I have
almost stable code which brings ACPI support to Edison.

I see few options here:
0. Do nothing :-)
1. Apply ACPI code, but leave no tables applied yet.
2. Apply both and amend whenever problem occurs.
3. Postpone until kernel will be ready for that (*)
4. ...other option...?

*) LInux kernel (vanilla) is not ready for this change. It means in
all above cases there will be neither new config file (like
edison_acpi_defconfig) nor modification to the existing one (of
course!). The stuff is highly experimental now.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko