[U-Boot] EspressoBin: enetaddr

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:27:15 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am running EspressoBin with u-boot 2017.03-armada-17.10.1-g440395a
(image was provided by Debian community).

I use EFI binary located at microSD card to boot the operation system.

I found that MAC-addr (enetaddr) is not being set by the bootloader from
environment variable $ethaddr. Ethernet interface hardware address is
set to arbitrary random value at every reboot.

But in case if network-related commands (for instance tftp) are executed
during u-boot script, then hardware address is set to the proper value
(taken from $ethaddr).

I don't really think that it is supposed to act in such a way. I believe
that MAC address is to be initialized from environment (stored in SPI
EEPROM) at every reboot.

How could I try to debug why enetaddr is not set unconditionally?