[U-Boot] OMAP34XX FDT, OF_CONTROL, and bootargs

Derald D. Woods woods.technical at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 20:46:58 UTC 2017

All,

Are there users of OMAP34XX boards (i.e. OMAP35x Platform) that have
U-Boot booting Linux without an appended devicetree? And with 'bootargs'
being passed to the kernel command line?

I have been working on OMAP3 EVM and would like to know if there are any
known issues, that may not be widely known, due to the age of the SOC
family in question. I work with a couple of OMAP36XX boards (i.e.
DM3730) that seem to boot just fine with an appended devicetree and
bootargs are passed properly.

I already know the chips are old. I am just probing for information from
the community.

Thanks.

Derald D. Woods