[U-Boot] ZYNQ direct MAC connection

Moritz Fischer moritz.fischer at ettus.com
Mon Feb 13 22:03:44 UTC 2017

Hi Hannes,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Hannes Schmelzer
<hannes at schmelzer.or.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did anybody setup successfully setup a direct MAC connection using RGMII
> with a zynq ?
> For example to a switch.
>
> The zynq_gem driver wants to probe for phy by itself.
> I already made a connection with very bad hacks in various files.
>
> In linux such things are working with "fixed-link". Also the i.mx6 FEC
> driver (not using DM) can operate in direct-connection mode.

For linux I have a patch that I've meant to submit since quite a while that
makes fixed-link work for the cadence gem. Maybe you can use that as a
starting point. It definitely does work.

I'll submit the linux one eventually, feel free to comment or improve.

Cheers,
Moritz