[U-Boot] ZYNQ direct MAC connection

Hannes Schmelzer hannes at schmelzer.or.at
Mon Feb 20 15:04:21 UTC 2017

On 13.02.2017 23:03, Moritz Fischer wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
Hi Moritz,

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Hannes Schmelzer
> <hannes at schmelzer.or.at> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> did anybody setup successfully setup a direct MAC connection using RGMII
>> with a zynq ?
>> For example to a switch.
>>
>> The zynq_gem driver wants to probe for phy by itself.
>> I already made a connection with very bad hacks in various files.
>>
>> In linux such things are working with "fixed-link". Also the i.mx6 FEC
>> driver (not using DM) can operate in direct-connection mode.
> For linux I have a patch that I've meant to submit since quite a while that
> makes fixed-link work for the cadence gem. Maybe you can use that as a
> starting point. It definitely does work.
>
> I'll submit the linux one eventually, feel free to comment or improve.

many thanks for this.
Looks good - i'll try it on linux later.

For now i have to bring this stuff up in vxWorks first.

For U-Boot i have some bad hack running, as told.
I will start a implementation for "fixed-link" resp. "fixed-phy" in
u-boot. Maybe i can provide some patch for RFC during next week.

cheers,
Hannes