[U-Boot] db-88f6820-amc board fails to boot with latest u-boot master

Mario Six mario.six at gdsys.cc
Tue Feb 14 06:56:56 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On 14.02.2017 02:48, Chris Packham wrote:
>>
>> I just tried UART booting db-88f6820-amc with the latest u-boot master
>> and it fails to reach the normal u-boot prompt. I don't know if this
>> affects the normal SPI booting.
>>
>> I've bisected down to commit 94084eea3bd3 ("tools: kwbimage: Fix dest
>> addr").
>

> Thanks for checking and reporting.
>
>> Reverting this gets things working again, but I'm guessing it'll break
>> secure boot. Should the size adjustment be conditional on something?
>

> Might be, not sure.
>
>> Does db-88f6820-amc_defconfig need something that the other armada
>> configs have enabled?
>

> I don't think so.
>
> Mario, could you please take a look at this so that we find a solution
> for the upcoming release?

I'll take a look. The quick-fix solution would be to only do the
address adjustment if secure boot is active.

But the weird thing is that the address should not matter for the
non-secure boot images, since for them the SPL (which is run from a
BIN header) directly loads and starts the main U-Boot, hence the
BootROM's image loading process is completely bypassed, and the
destination address from the header is never used. Does the
db-88f6820-amc do anything different in that regard?