[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2017.03-rc2 released

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Feb 14 17:33:52 UTC 2017

Hi Andy,

On 14 February 2017 at 10:21, Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > It's release day and v2017.03-rc2 is out.  I think my patchwork queue is
> > looking good currently but I'm open to being told there's important
> > stuff outstanding.  I'm probably going to grab some Kconfig things and
> > perhaps other cleanups I can mechanically confirm are correct.  Things
> > are on track for -rc3 on the 27th.
>
> +Cc: Simon
>
> This build weirdly breaks on Intel Edison.
> -rc1 works fine, while just rebase on -rc2 becomes unsable
>
> On the first boot *original Edison* Linux kernel (v3.10.98 based)
> doesn't print anything (looks like internal crash in U-Boot), on the
> sequential we have corrupted media, so, board is basically bricked.

We have the beginnings of 64-bit support in there now, so I suspect
something there is breaking Edison. Can you bisect it?

> I dunno how to debug this since Tangier/Edison support is not (yet) in
> U-Boot upstream.
>
> Any hints?

Hmmm it would be good to get this support into mainline so we can
avoid these sorts of problems. I did get the files at some point but
have not made time to do it. Do you know if anyone is planning to do
this? From memory the patches looked pretty clean.

> --
> With Best Regards,
> Andy Shevchenko

Regards,