[U-Boot] Veyron-speedy u-boot

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Feb 17 06:44:32 UTC 2017

Hi Riley,

On 16 February 2017 at 21:44, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:
> Hi Riley,
>
> On 15 February 2017 at 17:31, Riley Baird <riley at openmailbox.org> wrote:
>
>> 3. Do I just have to sign u-boot-dtb.img with vbutil_kernel before
>> dd-ing it onto a USB, or do I have to do something else to make the
>> right image?
>
> I normally start up U-Boot from scratch, but it sounds like you are
> chain-loading it.

When chainloading, depthcharge will load and execute u-boot from a
fixed address, and U-Boot needs to be told about it.

I chainloaded U-Boot on a nyan chromebook like this:

https://git.collabora.com/cgit/user/tomeu/u-boot.git/commit/?h=nyan-big&id=35bcb399c0d78ba6a050cc775d467ee75ed06923

The important bit is changing u-boot's CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE according
to depthcharge's CONFIG_KERNEL_START.

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/platform/depthcharge/+/master/board/nyan_big/defconfig#11

You may need to add some padding as shown in the .its file, but I
don't remember now why CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE cannot be adjusted instead
(almost 2 years have passed already).

I think you can ignore the EAE commit in that branch because that code
has been rewritten in u-boot since.

Good luck,

Tomeu