[U-Boot] Veyron-speedy u-boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Feb 16 20:44:16 UTC 2017

Hi Riley,

On 15 February 2017 at 17:31, Riley Baird <riley at openmailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I've tried porting u-boot to the veyron-speedy Chromebook, based upon
> the veyron-minnie patch.
>
> I've attached a patch with my changes to this email.
>
> However, when I boot, all I get is a black screen. So, I have some
> questions:
>
> 1. Does u-boot show output to the laptop's screen, or do I have to make
> a serial console?

It should show on both if all is well.

> 2. If I have to make a serial console, where do I do this/what is the
> pin layout?

You need a servo connector on the board - see here:
https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/servo

> 3. Do I just have to sign u-boot-dtb.img with vbutil_kernel before
> dd-ing it onto a USB, or do I have to do something else to make the
> right image?

I normally start up U-Boot from scratch, but it sounds like you are
chain-loading it.

In that case I'm not sure what to do as I have not tried it. Your
steps sound correct.

I've copied Tomeu who may know how to do this. If you figure it out it
would be great to get a patch to README.rockchip.

Regards,
Simon