[U-Boot] How to validate ext4load file size (not null)?

brendan brendan.ta at jacques.com.au
Fri Feb 24 00:58:15 UTC 2017

I have stored multiple device trees in my emmc (ext4 formatted) partition and
I want to load a certain device tree file from emmc, but if this fails (i.e.
the device tree file doesn't exist) it should default to a device tree that
is stored in memory.

For example if I run this:

I get a return of:

Is there a way I can parse this return from ext4load to check if the size is
null or not null?

The aim (in pseudo code) is

Does uBoot offer functionality for what I am after?  or should I be
approaching it with a different method.

Thanks