[U-Boot] How to validate ext4load file size (not null)?

brendan brendan.ta at jacques.com.au
Fri Feb 24 02:03:39 UTC 2017

I have stored multiple device trees in my emmc (ext4 formatted) partition
and I want to load a certain device tree file from emmc, but if this fails
(i.e. the device tree file doesn't exist) it should default to a device tree
that is stored in memory.

For example if I run this:

I get a return of: if test <return from ext4load> != null; then run <boot
with device tree from ext4>; else run <nand read .dtb stored in memory>; fi

I have seen the
 command however using the example above, if I did
 it does not set the filename environment variable therefore I cannot check
the size as  always returns true.

I have tried other if statements such as:
 and they have not given me the true/false check that I am after.

Does uBoot offer functionality for what I am after?  or should I be
approaching it with a different method.

Thanks