[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2017.07 is released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jul 10 17:09:35 UTC 2017

Hey all,

I've released v2017.07 and it's now live on git and FTP and ACD (along
with PGP sig file).

With this release we've removed a number of PowerPC architectures due to
lack of active support.  We've also dropped AVR32 support with this
release.  Of note here, we have a new and active PowerPC 8xx maintainer,
so I look forward to the cleanups coming there.

All of the above is a big help to Kconfig migration as we've removed or
migrated ~1200 symbols from the last release.  We've also got lots of
good platform/board updates, code cleanups and other incremental change
over time going on here and I like the way things are moving.

I try and not call out this-and-that board changes, but it's worth
noting that a number of platforms now have the 'fdt apply' sub-command
that lets overlays be applied to the currently in memory DTB.

Please note that for v2017.09 the calendar works out such that we have
up to -rc4 this time with planned releases on July 31st, August 14th,
August 28th and September 4th with release on September 11th.

Thanks again everyone!

--
Tom