[U-Boot] Ethernet not functional on i.MX6DL Sabre Auto

Miquel RAYNAL miquel.raynal at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 12 19:21:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using a Sabre Auto board with an i.MX6 Dual Lite.

When I compile U-boot with defconfig file mx6dlsabreauto_defconfig, the
network is not functionnal. Only the orange LED on the RJ45 port is
blinking and dhcp requests never end. In menuconfig I saw numerous
unselected options that I guess should be enabled. But event with that,
I could not get through:

CONFIG_NET_RANDOM_ETHADDR=y
CONFIG_PHYLIB=y
CONFIG_NETDEVICES=y
CONFIG_FEC_MXC=y

The issue is present in v2017.05 and v2017.07 (did not tried previous
versions). Any idea of what could possibly be wrong ?

Boot log follows.

Thank you,
Miquèl

U-Boot 2017.07-dirty (Jul 12 2017 - 16:12:17 +0200)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX6DL rev1.1 at 792MHz
CPU:   Automotive temperature grade (-40C to 125C) at 44C
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX6Q-Sabreauto revA
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  2 GiB
PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10
Flash: 32 MiB
NAND:  256 MiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

No panel detected: default to Hannstar-XGA
Display: Hannstar-XGA (1024x768)
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial