[U-Boot] How to update Espressobin (U-Boot) firmware?

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Wed Jul 19 16:58:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am 19.07.2017 um 18:50 schrieb Andre Przywara:
> On 19/07/17 17:37, Kostya Porotchkin wrote:
>> I probably have to build and try the SATA image as the next step.
>
> Yeah, that was my plan for tonight as well, since this would allow me to
> experiment safely with the generated image.
>
> Oh, BTW: Chain-loading mainline U-Boot worked quite nicely and I could
> launch the generic debian-testing installer via EFI boot. The only issue
> was that I was using the U-Boot DT directly, which isn't enough for the
> kernel (missing clocks and interrupts). I will try to send some patches
> to bring the U-Boot DT in sync with the kernel one. If this is in place,
> one could simply attach some (UEFI enabled) USB pen drive and it should
> start without further ado (given a newer U-Boot in the SPI flash with
> EFI support).

Which devices have you successfully enumerated on mainline U-Boot? Does
SATA work for you? I had reported an endless reset on another board. USB
was not quite working either last time I tried on the other board -
either the initial scan or a reset had similar symptoms to SATA.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)