[U-Boot] STM32F746 Discovery - No serial output?

Francois Dugast francois.dugast.foss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 20:40:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am trying to run the master on a STM32F746 Discovery board [1] by using
stm32f746-disco_defconfig. It was built with gcc-arm-none-eabi-5_4-2016q3
[2] and flashed with OpenOCD [3]. A USB-serial adapter is connected to
USART6_RX and USART6_TX (pins D0 and D1 of the Arduino connector) and
configured for 115200 8N1. No output coming out through the serial
interface. It is unlikely to be a hardware issue as output is coming out
normally this way when using the U-Boot repository from Emcraft.

I do not know what I am doing wrong, can you help me out?

Cheers,
Francois

[1] http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f746gdiscovery.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded