[U-Boot] [EXT] Re: How to update Espressobin (U-Boot) firmware?

Benjamin (Guodan) Huang gdhuang at marvell.com
Mon Jul 24 20:35:52 UTC 2017

Hi Andre,

Just FYI, if you want to build bootloader for SATA boot, please use the ATF build instructions like below:

make DEBUG=1 USE_COHERENT_MEM=0 LOG_LEVEL=20 SECURE=0 CLOCKSPRESET=CPU_1000_DDR_800 DDR_TOPOLOGY=2 BOOTDEV=SATA PARTNUM=0 PLAT=a3700 WTP=`pwd`/../A3700-utils-marvell all fip

The A3700 bootROM has partition capability, so if you dd the flash-image.bin to a partition with type 0x4d, and the ESPRESSObin is able to find the bootloader at power up.  Of course you can dd to LBA0 to make it simpler.

Thanks,
Benjamin