[U-Boot] Kconfig conversion Question

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 01:33:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 08:15:41AM -0500, Adam Ford wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I was going to try and help by porting some of the ARCH_OMAP2PLUS boards'
>> include options to Kconfig.  I am fairly new to this porting tool, so I
>> have some questions.
>>
>> I noticed that CONFIG_CMD_NAND is already in Kconfig, but a bunch of these
>> boards haven't yet been ported so attempted the following:
>
> There's a few commands that got introduced to Kconfig, but without the
> full re-sync being done.  This is sometimes things sneaking in and
> sometimes the re-syncing being hard, and one I handle.  This one might
> be better for me to grab as..
>
>> #generate list of omap2plus boards
>> grep -l OMAP2PLUS configs/* > omap2plus_boards
>>
>> #move configs for just the listed boards
>> ./tools/moveconfig.py CONFIG_CMD_NAND -d omap2plus_boards
>>

>> However, I noticed that it changes ALL the header files in
>> include/configs.h where CMD_NAND was present.
>
> Right.  The intention is that everything get migrated and build-tested
> and we can see no functional change in the binary, so it's safe.
>
>> I could blindly port CMD_NAND over for all boards, but a bunch fail, and I
>> can really only test an imx6q and an OMAP3630 board, so I didn't want to
>> get over zealous.
>
> Right, I'll put this on my list.

Thanks for taking that one.  I was trying several different ways to
try and send it.  It's not a big deal, but if you remember CC me on
this, I'll throw in my OMAP_GPMC stuff when see it's been applied to
master.

>> I was going to next move some OMAP_GPMC related stuff, but I wanted to make
>> it dependant on CMD_NAND, so this is blocking me a bit.
>
> You can hand-convert just your boards, or when git add -p'ing, only grab
> the updates under include/ for OMAP hardware.

The GPMC changes I was going to propose will impact the TI common
files, so it won't just be a board or two, but nearly all the
omap2plus boards.  Without a way to have the headers to clean up
headers for just the defconfigs I want to modify, I'm not sure I feel
like hand picking a bunch of config files.

adam