[U-Boot] u-boot-flasher fails with current u-boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jun 8 03:11:44 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

On 7 June 2017 at 19:12,  <Peter.Chubb at data61.csiro.au> wrote:

> Simon> Oh dear. I cannot find my board but will see if I can repeat
> Simon> this on a beaver.
>
> Peter> If there's any additional logging you'd like me to collect on
> Peter> the Jetson, let me know.
>
> I tried to reproduce this this morning.  Today, even trying to exec
> the U-Boot without flashing fails.

The good news is I found my Jetson-TK1 and I can repeat your problem.

> So,
>         ./tegra-uboot-flasher exec  jetson-tk1
> with a current u-boot gives an inoperative eMMC.
>
> In the boot header I see:
>
> U-Boot 2017.05-00769-g0e513e788f (Jun 08 2017 - 09:26:27 +1000)
>
> TEGRA124
> Model: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
> Board: NVIDIA Jetson TK1
> DRAM:  2 GiB
> MMC:   sdhci at 700b0400: 1, sdhci at 700b0600: 0
>
> Then:
>
> Tegra124 (Jetson TK1) # mmc rescan

Why are you running 'mmc rescan'? Is this because the MMC has changed?

This command does not seem to work since it does not re-probe the
driver. It looks like the driver assumes that the controller is reset
each time. I'll send a patch which seems to fix it for me.

> tegra_mmc_send_cmd_bounced: MMC Timeout
>     Interrupt status        0x00000001
>     Interrupt status enable 0xffff003b
>     Interrupt signal enable 0xffff0002
>     Present status          0x01fb02f6
> mmc_init: -1, time 8042
>
> Peter C
> --
> Dr Peter Chubb         Tel: +61 2 9490 5852      http://ts.data61.csiro.au/
> Trustworthy Systems Group                           Data61 (formerly NICTA)

Regards,
Simon