[U-Boot] ImportError: No module named _libfdt

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 12:43:33 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to U-Boot and trying to compile source code in order to get U-Boot
> working on a BananaPi.
>
> I get the following error while compiling the latest version of master
> branch:
>
> ImportError: No module named _libfdt
>
> Has anyone an idea about why Python is not happy?

If you're using the upstream dtc you'll need something newer than the
latest actual release to pull in the python bindings, even then I've
found errors because I think u-boot has something different to
upstream that is some how being utilised in the .07 RCs but I've not
had time to look closer at it.

Peter