[U-Boot] Driver model u-boot 2017

Christine Gharzuzi chrisg at marvell.com
Sun Jun 18 07:12:14 UTC 2017

Hi Simon,

I need an early binding in order to print information about the CPU frequency
using a driver I implemented using driver model.
u-boot starts binding all the devices at once? I don't understand why the printing is performed during the binding (I have only 1 CPU)

also it's performed right after the root driver bind.

Thanks,
Christine

Hi Christine,

On 14 June 2017 at 10:18, Christine Gharzuzi <chrisg at marvell.com<mailto:chrisg at marvell.com>> wrote:

> Hi,

> I Need an early binding for a device right after the root driver is binding.

> By doing a simple debug I see that after binding the root driver

> there's an attempt to bind

> all the devices (nodes) from the device tree to their suitable driver,

> the device  I want to bind to its drivers is also a part of my device

> tree but I need it

> to be right after the root driver binding and not according to the

> nodes sequence in the device tree.

> I hope there's  a way to do so.

Why do you need this?

Regards,