[U-Boot] Driver model u-boot 2017

Simon Glass sjg at google.com
Mon Jun 19 15:40:09 UTC 2017

Hi Christine,

On 18 June 2017 at 01:12, Christine Gharzuzi <chrisg at marvell.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I need an early binding in order to print information about the CPU
> frequency
> using a driver I implemented using driver model.
> u-boot starts binding all the devices at once? I don’t understand why the
> printing is performed during the binding (I have only 1 CPU)
>
> also it’s performed right after the root driver bind.

Can you please avoid top posting? It makes the thread hard to read.

You should not be printing anything in a driver's bind() method.

What difference does it make whether the driver is bound first or
last? Normally it is probing that matters.

I'm sorry but I still don't really understand the core problem you are
trying to solve.

Regards,
Simon