[U-Boot] question regarding the odroidc2 board support

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Tue Jun 27 07:57:21 UTC 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:55:21 +0200
daggs <daggs at gmx.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm using buildroot to generate images for the odroid c2 boards and
> from what I see, it uses u-boot.bin to burn into the image. I'm not
> seeing any other uboot product that is used for booting (unless I'm
> mistaken). I'm reading the odroid c2 readme file and I see it
> instructs the use to burn a alternative u-boot.bin from the one that
> was created by the env. I wonder how it is possible to actually use
> newer uboot when in the end uboot recommends to replace u-boot.bin
> with pre existing one?

From the spec I do see that C2 has SD card and eMMC.

I can only share my experience with Odroid XU3/U3.

The boot process would (probably) require some signed blobs from
hardkernel (those binaries are corresponding to u-boot-spl.bin).

I can recommend looking to Hardkernel forum (they should have some
topics dedicated for this SoM), or look for tizen.org wiki:

https://wiki.tizen.org/Quick_guide_for_odroidxu3

I hope, that the boot flow is similar for XU3 and C2.